Thursday, January 20, 2011

GETTING BACK TO NORMAL

I know I'm not alone when I struggle doing "normal" stuff with all the flood devastation happening all around the state. We all long for some normality again in our lives but I know that it will be a long time before many flood affected people feel any sense of getting back to normal. The amazing stories we're hearing of survival with a happy outcome and the sad stories we're hearing of loss and grief will continue and in an effort for everyone to eventually recover they need to be told over and over.
The storms hovering around this last week and the sound of yet more rain on our roof is putting us all on edge. It makes me wonder if drought is not so bad after all, but of course the balance somewhere in the middle is where we would all choose to be.
My effort to get back to normal this week involved another rag rug. This one has a red theme. It's a little bigger now than it was when I took this photo, but it's not quite done yet. I think I'm liking the brighter colours I've been using lately. Could well have something to do with the gloom we see every time the TV is turned on.  There's cricket on again today and that usually means I get a few more rows finished. Unfortunately there's been a little gloom there too this summer, but we're not talking too much about that at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment