Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FLASH FLOODING

Down town Toowoomba on Monday 10th January looked like this. Yes, there are streets under all that water and I drove along that street 5 minutes before this happened. One of those submerged cars you see there would have been mine had I been there just a few minutes later. There is no way I can understand why I was spared and the owners of these cars weren't, but I do know it was scary and I do know that I am forever grateful that for some reason I left before the flash flood hit.
Queensland is still in heaps of trouble. We own a property with the crops severely damaged, but my family members are safe. The hundreds of people who have suffered grief and loss are in our hearts and prayers right now. There are communities that are devastated. People have not only lost their homes and their possessions but loved ones. I cannot imagine what it is like for those who have loved ones still missing in flood waters. The heartbreak is enormous and the amount of damage is incomprehensible. 
Brisbane's turn is next with record flood heights predicted for the next few days. There are already homes under water with many more to be completely submerged. Queensland needs serious prayers right now. Thankyou to all my blogging friends for your concern.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Val! How scary ... and so glad your guardian angel gave you a little hurry along on Monday! Scott works just a block away but uphill from the water, thankfully, and was completely unaware of what was happening until a workmate went to get lunch and came back in shock to tell of the drama unfolding. The water also came within a block and a half of our house without me realising. My boss SHOULD have been in the area having a lunch meeting. We are blessed! Our friends and family are all safe and our prayers are joining yours and so many others for those affected. Stay safe! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep safe. I live in a high fire danger area, and whens its time to evacuate it's a stress what to take. Keep your family safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, you were extremely lucky to escape those horrendous flood waters. Our family is all safe, and like you, we are praying for those who are suffering such terrible loss in this devastation. Take care, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad you are ok Val! stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all so very surreal isn't it? So glad you're safe Val, how is the clean up going on in Toowoomba? We've only been seeing Ipswich and Brisbane on the t.v.

    ReplyDelete