Sunday, March 7, 2010

BACK FROM APPLE AND GRAPE

I'm back from a wonderful weekend at Stanthorpe's Apple & Grape Festival.  Visitors loved Chloe's lavender owls and they sold well.  Her little "owl" purse is bulging as her funds towards her trip to Italy next month have increased enormously. 
She is now working on increasing Chlo-Bo Designs range of products.  She's got chickens and now owls and we're waiting to see what's next.




This is my table of rag rugs that I had at the Civic Center for the week end.  I took this photo just as we set up.  There were lots of visitors to the market and I didn't get a chance to get another photo of the crowd.  I talked to lots of lovely people and heard many stories as early childhood memories were jolted.  Rag rugs certainly played a part in many people's lives.  One man had tears in his eyes as he told me about his Grandmother teaching him to crochet a rag rug back in England when he was a child.  He was quite moved by a memory he'd completely forgotten about and thanked me for bringing it back.  I know rag rugs were made in America and Australia, but obviously they were made in other parts of the world too.  I loved that I could play a small part in helping people recall a little bit of their family history.  I listened too, as Grandmothers explained to their grand daughters a little bit of what their lives were like when they were young.  What a wonderful experience.


I'll be updating my rag rugs section of my website now that I know which ones I have left over.  Just got to get a few things organised and find a little bit of time.  Should get to it in the next day or so.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is wonderful Val.
    I am so glad that you had a great weekend...
    Whats next?

    Liesa

    ReplyDelete