Wednesday, November 25, 2009

ALL READY FOR MORE RAG RUGS

This is a HUGE basket and I have it full of rag balls. I've done little else every evening for the last 3 weeks other than cut up old sheets, doona covers or whatever I can lay my hands on, and make up rag balls. Must say I could have found much better things to do, but other things don't eventuate into rag rugs. Now I can start the crocheting and that's the best part. And what's more I'm going to show you here every time I get one finished. The basket full of balls looks like it will make dozens of rag rugs, but unfortunately it won't go nearly as far as it looks like it should. They eat up the fabric at an amazing rate. But it's all good because it's all part of my effort to save our planet by recycling and make something good out of something that somebody thought was past its used by date.
I came home from the Gatton Craft show with next to none left, so I've got to get my supply happening again.

2 comments:

  1. Know what you mean - those fabric balls don't go far at all. It is fun sourcing the fabric but cutting out is a bit tedious. Look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too..=))

    I'm wanting to see what you made with them..I've been doing similar,and the most time consuming part is the cutting.. but so worth it when we get done..

    ReplyDelete