Sunday, September 13, 2009

MY ESCAPING MRS CLYDE

Mrs Clyde took it into her head to explore the world a little bit further than she should have on Sunday morning. It seemed at one stage the whole neighbourhood was out searching for one elusive cockatiel, but it was several hours later we heard the familiar chirping in a tree across the road. She obviously realised her escapade was a little more daunting than she'd anticipated and I think she was more than happy to retreat back to the more familiar surroundings of her cage. I decided I'd have to cut her wing in case she tried her tricks again, but I don't really know if what I've done is the right thing or not. I just cut the long feathers of one wing, so I'm hoping it will prevent it happening again. She's used to coming and going in and out of her cage as she pleases, but we were a little careless with leaving the doors open now the warmer weather has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment